Sunday, May 29, 2011

en quito con mucha suerte y problemas de respirar

i... cant..... breathe
oh my god quito you are slaying me and blessing me at the same time. this altitude effect is affecting me quite harshly. i am out of breath every 2 feet ascended.


i am too speechless to describe the city, the scenery, the landscape.
luck brought this older gentleman-Jaime- to me. we bonded over our spiritual beliefs and views of our earth. effortlessly, he led me around quito and told me magical stories about the catedrals and plazas and montanas. i would never have learned and seen such majesty of quito without him. 

quito is teeming with ice cream!!!!!!!!!! pass no judgement- ive had three today. there are ladies with a tray a foot deep with an ice cream that is a cross between a sorbet and ice cream- guanabano is the most popular flavor. prices start at 25cents for a cone!!!!!!

i caught a parade of what seemed like every high school student in Ecuador marching in a parade! there were pretty girls twirling batons and strong boys with drums.
every sunday, the main road is closed off for cyclists. everyone and their mothers go to the centro historico of quito!!

ive been warned by many to be careful.
everyone has been staring at me. its either bc i´m asian or my knee high socks. i believe its the latter.

i cannot start to describe the scenery. my photos wont do it any justice.

i am fucking sunburnt. a higher altitude also means im that much closer to the sun. i am fucking sunburnt.
and i cant breathe.

with the breathing difficulties, sunburn pain, and an ice cream high, quito would be sure to satisfy any druggie.

ps id love a beer or some wine or some chincha but god forbid i add alcohol to the aforementioned magical concoction quito has laid out for me

1 comment:

  1. Having trouble with your yoga lungs? They are saying "be careful, the ice cream is laced with heroin" duhhh! So glad to hear you're well, keep posting!

    Can't wait to see photos!

    ReplyDelete